OT: Ebay question

Ben Pfaff blp@cs.stanford.edu
01 Nov 2001 09:01:06 -0800

"Marcel Kunath" <kunathma@pilot.msu.edu> writes:

>  If you like to hear another
> styory of how important international money
> transfer is. I got a friend here who owns a US issued credcit card. The only
> reason she has it is for her and her friends to use when traveling to the usa.
> Whenever one of the clan goes to the us they transfer money from oz into the
> account and then use the credit card locally in the usa. This is more efficient
> than using an oz issued card since every transfer would accrued a huge fee.
> Some places don't even take credit cards which have not been issued in the usa.

Is this really true?  I've used my USA-issued credit card all
over Europe.  I can hardly believe that US businesses would
refuse to accept credit cards issued out of the country; it would
simply not be good for business.
--
"I consider that the golden rule requires that if I like a program
 I must share it with other people who like it."