GLLUG website and meetings update

Jo Dillon jo@trolltech.com
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 21:52:19 +0000

On Saturday 10 November 2001 15:53, Sean wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Nov 2001, Jo Dillon wrote:
> >   What's a Twp.?
>
> twp == township or basically a form of government, for a large area which
> isnt governed by a city and smaller than a county (like ingham county has
> 36 townships), but provides some basic services, like police protection,
> fire, etc and growth of the area (zoning laws).

  Ok - township I was vaguely aware of, just didn't get the abbreviation...
In the UK we simply call those counties I think, being a rather smaller
country ;)

> >   What's involved, out of curiosity? (Not that I've really been with the
> > group long enough to qualify I suppose)
>
> Help organize, plan meetings and events including places, times, etc. and
> oversee or delegate them?
>
> At one point we actually had a list of duties.. does anyone still have
> that?

  I might be interested - I live in Delta Township, which is nearby, but I
won't be there for maybe three months (I'm in Oxford, England currently
completing my fiancee visa application)

--

	Jo