LON-CAPA info

Felicia Berryman felicia@lon-capa.org
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:09:08 -0500

Hello,

Thanks for the interest in LON-CAPA.  We are in the midst of getting all
the GPL stuff finalized.  Until that time, you can join the LON-CAPA
listserv at http://hobbes.lite.msu.edu/mailman/listinfo/lon-capa.  You
can also get a booklet that we used for a programmers workshop this
summer.  This booklet is located at
http://www.lon-capa.org/presentations/handout.pdf.

We are planning on updating the technical background information on the
LON-CAPA website soon and I'll send out an announcement when that is
ready.

After the holidays, I'd like to do an informal presentation of LON-CAPA
at one of the GLLUG meetings.  Even if you are not interested in all the
programming aspects of LON-CAPA, I still think many of you will find the
software interesting.  We are beginning to do more outreach in high
schools (including greater lansing area schools) which are predominantly
controlled by proprietory software (and don't forget channel one).
Getting linux based software out to high schoolers is very much needed -
check out this study:
http://bbspot.com/News/2001/03/perl_test.html  :-)

Felicia
--