OT: Mac printer driver

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 05:33:16 -0400 (EDT)

Try creating a printer for it using the Apple Desktop Printer utility,
Which is located by default in either the Utilities or Apple Extras
folders of the Applications folder. When you run that you should see an
option to create a USB printer.

If you open up the Apple System Profiler (in the Apple Menu), you
should be able to see it in the USB device tree even if no driver has been
assigned to it. If it _isn't_ there check the cabling and/or unplug replug
it.

depending on the version of 9.x you might consider upgrading, at least the
USB stuff. This is off the top of my head but 9.0.4 was the last of the
major USB upgrades and 9.1 was the last of the major Firewire upgrades.
You shoulc be able to get the USB updateer from Apple's Support site.

I still run 9.0.4 on machines and unless you are running OS X I wouldnt
bother with 9.2.1. If you are running OS X I _HIGHLY_ recommend the OS
X.1 update which is free from CompUSA or another Apple vender. It is quite
a bit more refined, and quicker especially in the GUI area.