Solaris install howto

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:08:04 -0400

See if www.sunhelp.org gets you on the right track.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 11:45:49AM -0400, Edward Glowacki wrote:

  Anyone know of a good HOWTO that would get someone from a Solaris
  CD and a pile of hardware to a functional server in a reasonable
  amount of time?

  I'm working on a disaster recovery plan here for a Solaris-based
  tape backup system.  As part of the recovery procedure, Solaris
  needs to be installed with a good set of packages for a server and
  secured fairly well.  The catch is that we don't know who is going
  to be restoring the system.  At a minimum we should consider them
  reasonably competant and with at least some amount of Unix background,
  though they may not have much experience with Solaris.

  I could write one for FreeBSD in about 10 minutes off the top of
  my head, but doing the same document for Solaris would take quite
  a bit more work, since I'd have to go through an install or two
  and write down everything I did... =P  And besides, chances are
  someone else has already done this.  But I didn't find much on sun.com,
  and Google wasn't very helpful either. =(  Any suggestions would be
  welcome.

  Thanks! =)
  ED

  --