Ahh, the joys of @Home

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 08:10:31 -0400

Well, they hooked up my cable modem on Friday morning.  The guy
checked out my signal levels, said that everything was good, and
that my cable modem should come up in a little while (apparently
something still had to be done on the back end of the service).
As evidenced by the fact that I didn't send any spiffy emails to
the LUG list over the weekend exclaiming my joy, the cable modem
has yet to function properly.  I called tech support on Friday and
they said there was a problem in my area and that they were working
on it (though he did check to make sure everything was set up
properly since I was a new customer).  The problem apparently
started around 5:30 on Thursday night.  3 1/2 days later (3 days
for me), the problem still exists?  I suspect that when I get home
tonight, the lights will still be blinking, trying to get a signal.
So either it's a very tough problem to fix, or I've got a DOA cable
modem, or they somehow borked my setup.  Anyone else on the northeast
side of Lansing experiencing @Home outtages?

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org