Postfix, QPopper...

Dan Nguyen nguyend7@egr.msu.edu
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 22:50:24 -0400

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 10:27:08PM -0400, Matt Fuerst wrote:

> The connection to the server has failed. Account:
> 'luckycharms.mathosting.com', Server: 'luckycharms.mathosting.com',
> Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error
> Number: 0x800CCC0E
>
> Is it a relaying issue? I am assuming if it is then I need to change
> some postfix settings? It seems coutnerintuitive, since my inital
> reaction was to try to set up popper, but since I can get email I
> have to imagine pop is working fine...

Yes it is a relaying issue, and there is a setting for postfix to
allow relaying of mail.  It is not at all counterintuitive because
POP3 protocol has nothing to do with sending mail.

The option should be relayhost, and I recommend you do it in such a
way to not be a completely open relay.

--
     Dan Nguyen     |  It was the best of times, it was the worst
  nguyend7@msu.edu  |  of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was