Ahh, the joys of @Home

Jeffrey Utter utterjef@zelda.cl.msu.edu
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 11:19:46 -0400 (EDT)

**  WARNING RANT BELOW  ****   but it made me feel better =)

Well my cable modem in Capitol Villa has been acting funny like that since
the 24th of Aug.  I called them to see what the problem was
and they gave me the same excuse.  Then last wednesday I got on
the online support chat and talked to a guy named Clive M.  AND
CLIVE IS A MORON.  I told him my modem was losing it's connection
and kept restarting itself and he wanted to tell me that it was a
problem with my DHCP settings.  Even thought the modem goes dead
even when my computer is turned off, it's my computers
fault...  When I was getting mad at him for not
listening to what I was telling him he said this:  "I've given you a
posible
solution, is there anything else I can help you with?"  and then a
few lines latter,  "Do you even know where your DHCP settings
are?"  There was a lot more said then this but those where a few
of the things that got my blood pumping the most.  Needless to say next
time I call I will be letting them know that Clive M. is a Jack@$$.

** END RANT ***

However, the past couple of days it
seems to be working fine.  =)