Open source or free search engines

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 15:14:03 -0400

I'm trying to get mnogosearch to work, since it seems to be the
most promising.  However, so far I'm having a hell of a time
understanding anything at all how to configure it.  There really
isn't anything resembling a quickstart, you pretty much have to
read through a bunch of docs, edit a bunch of config files, etc.
Now I'm trying to look at the PHP frontend to the search, and that
requires recompiling PHP with support for the mnogosearch module...
So thusfar, I haven't even been able to build a test index and do
a test search... =(

Quoted from Ben Pfaff on Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 10:32:16AM -0700:

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org