Something awry

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:07:43 -0400

Darn, I guess that means I come in second :)

12:03AM  up 653 days,  1:39, 1 user, load averages: 0.20, 0.12, 0.03

Home of former www.lyricshq.com and present www.musicfanatic.com, this
uptime probably wont see past the end of the month because this hosting
facility location is closing and relocating customers to other facilities
that fall below our requirements (Redhat required? say what?)

It was pretty easy for me to keep the server up after we let the windows
developer go (who wrote horrible memory hogging cgi's and rebooted the
server unneccessarily) and replaced the malfunctioning nic.  The kernel
(FreeBSD 3.4-stable) has kept the server and myself happy for the last two
years.

Its very strange to not be able to remember what I last rebooted for :)

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 03:38:41PM -0400, Michael Robert Szumlinski wrote:

  Just thought everyone would get a kick out of this

  > [localhost:~] szumlins% uptime
  > 3:36PM  up 11609 days, 19:36, 2 users, load averages: 0.33, 0.15, 0.03

  By my count, that means that my computer has been on for roughly 31 years
  without a single crash. Woohoo!

  -Mike