New @Home deal!

Mike Szumlinski szumlins@msu.edu
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:51:58 -0400

Mmmmmm...TCIMet....

On a completely unrelated note, I have a couple of questions, both on a
FreeBSD box.

1) What is the default window manager most people use with KDE 2? I'm using
E, and it likes my memory too much. I did a pretty bootleg install of KDE,
so I didn't get whatever window manager it normally uses.

2) Linux binary compatability...when I try to run a linux binary, I get the
following error:

Error in loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

So where does FreeBSD keep said libraries, how can I tell the linux emulator
where they are, and how do I get said library if I do indeed not have it?

On another completely unrelated note, I just downloaded the x86 version of
Darwin 1.4.1...I'm about to give it a try.

-Mike

On 10/23/01 11:05 AM, "Edward Glowacki" <glowack2@msu.edu> wrote:

> Wow, it looks like I should get my first month of @Home service FREE!
>
> The way I figure it, I've only had service for about 3 days out of
> the 11 since my cable modem was hooked up.  It's going to be another
> 17 days until someone can come fix it, which brings my service to
> 3 days out of 28. That's about 10% service for the month.  Factor
> in the amount of time I spent on tech support because their service
> doesn't work, and we come out to an effective usage that approaches
> 0% for this month.  0% service == 0% payment, therefore my first
> month is FREE!!!  Hmm... somehow this deal leaves me feeling less
> than satisfied...
>
> I still haven't seen that cool video of the space shuttle taking
> off like they advertise in the commercials...
>
> ED

|Mike Szumlinski           |
|Michigan State University |
"The future is no place to place your better days" -DMB