New @Home deal!

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:04:05 -0400

On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 11:51:58AM -0400, Mike Szumlinski wrote:

  Mmmmmm...TCIMet....

  On a completely unrelated note, I have a couple of questions, both on a
  FreeBSD box.

  1) What is the default window manager most people use with KDE 2? I'm using
  E, and it likes my memory too much. I did a pretty bootleg install of KDE,
  so I didn't get whatever window manager it normally uses.

kwm? I dont care for kde, couldn't tell you how to customize it.

  2) Linux binary compatability...when I try to run a linux binary, I get the
  following error:

  Error in loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared
  object file: No such file or directory

Make sure you have linux_base installed, and if it is, the libs you dont
have but need would go in /compat/linux/lib or /compat/linux/usr/lib whatever.
Just remember to update /compat/linux/etc/ld.so.conf if you add a new linux
lib dir and run /compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig to rebuild the cache.

  So where does FreeBSD keep said libraries, how can I tell the linux emulator
  where they are, and how do I get said library if I do indeed not have it?

  On another completely unrelated note, I just downloaded the x86 version of
  Darwin 1.4.1...I'm about to give it a try.

  -Mike