Database Report Tool

Mike Rambo mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:47:25 -0500

Jason Watson wrote:

> I have been playing with MySQL and can create tables, run queries and all
> that stuff but I was wondering if there was some kind of free software
> report writer.  I was thinking something along the lines of Crystal Reports.
>   Is something like this available for Linux or am I completely off base and
> there is a different method of doing this.  Thanks.
>
> Jason Watson
> jaywatts@hotmail.com

PHP? Not a slick canned solution like CR but it's pretty flexible. It
works through a web server so printout control is limited appearance
wise by that, at least with my HTML skill, although I understand it can
also create pdf's if that would help layout control of the report. Of
course, if winder$ is permitted in the mix, you could always use CR to
access MySQL through ODBC.

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo@lsd.k12.mi.us