[Database Report Tool]

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
31 Oct 2001 08:34:28 EST

"Jason Watson" <jaywatts@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have been playing with MySQL and can create tables, run queries and
> all that stuff but I was wondering if there was some kind of free
> software report writer.  I was thinking something along the lines of
> Crystal Reports.  Is something like this available for Linux or am I
> completely off base and  there is a different method of doing this.

A couple of months back, some people asked about a Linux version of "Crystal
Reports" on c.o.l.misc and got nothing useful.  Well, the original posters
couldn't describe what exactly Crystal Reports did that was so wonderful, and
apparently none of the people reading the NG had used the program, so no one
could suggest alternatives.

So:  What do you need to do with your data?  There are N+1 ways to get data
out of a MySQL database, even if you have to write a Perl or PHP script to do
it.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows
"I backed up my brain to tape, but tar says the tape contains no data...."