irda?

Ben Pfaff pfaffben@msu.edu
14 Sep 2001 00:04:24 -0400

Has anyone out there actually got IrDA to work with Linux?  I've
just been trying to print to an HP LaserJet with IrDA port from
my laptop (which has sadly been severed from its docking station
for shipping purposes) and it's not working.  I've read the HOWTO
and the FAQs and there's something not connecting.  I may have to
break down and use an actual parallel (or, God help me, USB)
cable.

On the bright side, the Adaptec SlimSCSI 1460 that I bought today
only took a kernel recompile, a configuration file edit, and a
reboot to work.  Tonight I'll find out whether it can
successfully back up to tape over it but I don't expect any
problems.  Only 2 MB/s but the tape drive is only 1.2 MB/s
anyway.  More stories about moving stuff in the diary on my
webpage if you care.

--
Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@msu.edu> <pfaffben@debian.org> <blp@gnu.org>
MSU Graduate - Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer - GNU Developer