PHP/mySQL books

Jason D. Justman justmanj@msu.edu
Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:46:36 -0400

Matt hit most of the nails on the head, but of course, the coolest one.  You can
go to php.net/name_of_function_here and look up anything.  Forget that the
arguments to mysql_connect?  Just go to php.net/mysql_connect and there ya go..

Also, o'riley makes a mysql book thats alright, the online documentation at
www.mysql.com (alyways look at the annotated manuals - gives you a bit of extra
insight), is very good.  I would at least recommend looking at the first few
chapters to get an idea of relational database concepts, if you aren't comfortable
yet.  In addition, there are a lot of little pitfalls with mysql when you are
doing it CLI based, e.g. - adding users and permissions, table permissions, etc.

Jason