[GLLUG] Meeting

Brad Fears fearsb@michigan.gov
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 13:03:03 -0400

Location would be included in the date selection, and all dates would need to be cleared with the contact for that site (such as Roger @ AAI) before being posted to a poll.  As far as organization goes, who organizes them now?  It appears to me that a presenter and the site contact are sufficient for "organizing" a meeting.  What else is left except people showing up?

--Brad Fears

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 12:10:24PM -0400, Brad Fears wrote:
> It does provide clarity, thanks.  It seems the only problem with the shotgun rules is the matter of taking responsibility for declaring a date.  Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing how many people could attend a certain date if one is chosen.
>
> Being the geek that I am, I'm going to go out on a limb and propose a new method...
>
> Let's just imagine a polling script (php) that allowed the webmaster to enter a couple of proposed meeting dates.  After those dates are posted, users have the opportunity to vote on the date that best fits their schedule.  When a certain number of votes are reached for a given date (say 10-15), that date is declared for the meeting.  Anybody support or denounce the idea?

Shotgun rules are designed so that somebody takes responsibiltiy for
making sure there is a location and somebody to cordinate the meeting.
This method would pick a date, but still wouldn't give the location or who
would organize the meeting.

Just my 2 cents.

--
Jeff Goeke-Smith