[GLLUG] [OT] Meeting

Brad Fears fearsb@michigan.gov
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:08:12 -0400

To whom are you directing your remarks?  If they are to me, then please forgive me for making suggestions.  How rude of me.

I also do not recall asking to have any dates changed -- I simply wished to have a definitive date that I could write on a calendar.  Forgive me again.

And how utterly discourteous of me to suggest that we utilize available technology.  I must have been mistaken in thinking that this very group was founded on that principle.

--Brad Fears

>>> Sean <picasso@madflower.com> 04/17/02 09:49AM >>>
I am sorry but I find this whole thread rather rude and inconsiderate.
If you cannot make a meeting, then you can't make it. period. Please don't
ask to have the date changed to accomodate your needs. If you wanted a
meeting on such and such of day you should have called one, and organized
a place for one and done all the work that is required to have a meeting.

Instead you didnt, you just asked that someone ELSE change their schedule
to accomodate YOUR needs. Instead of the needs of the people that ARE
doing the work.

This action is incredibly counterproductive to getting to the goal of
having known days for meetings so people can actually schedule their lives
around them which undermines having a core group of people. If you want to
invite someone ELSE to the meeting, post fliers or do anything else. You
just can't do it until you get a set meeting date/time more than 3 days in
advance.

This was better when we started out when we just met in the Union for
Sunday dinner before the Simpsons other other Sunday. At least if I knew I
was out of town that weekend I could make the next one because I knew when
it was going to be.

I am sorry but if you cannot make the meeting you just can't make it.
tough shit. make the next one.

I would like to see someone put together a calendar that does mark
holidays and major events so we at least try to accomodate people that
way.

I apologize if this seems rude but after 2+ years of hearing the same
thing on the list everytime a meeting date is posted. It is sickening
And I find it awful inconsiderate and rude to the people that ARE doing
the work.

I am not pointing fingers. I just would like these actions to stop.

Sean