[GLLUG] [OT] Meeting

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:29:22 -0400 (EDT)

"I am not pointing fingers." means I could care less who started it and I
am not going back into the archives to figure it out.

All I am saying is that is it is incredibly rude and apalling for ANYONE
to suggest a different day/time to accomodate a personal scheduling
conflict. There is a lot more work than just "showing up" for meetings
especially for the host of the meetings since they HAVE to be there. Both
Mark and Roger have to be there early and leave last when they hold
meeting, make sure the room is available, and make sure the place is
cleaned up afterwards. To see ANYONE bitch about them donating their time,
to accomodate our group is flat out appalling to me.

This is especially discourteous considering we are running shotgun rules
and the person bitching could have gotten off their ass and done the work
themselves.

The other option is to hold meetings in an open public place on a regular
day/time so Roger, Mark or whoever doesnt always have to be there.  It is
a lot of work to do it for every meeting and there are things that come up
which I completely understand. IE 6am at Denny's every Tuesday. The
morning gets around most evening conflicts, and Denny's is open.

Sean