[GLLUG] recommend a domain name registrar?

Brad Fears fearsb@michigan.gov
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 07:46:48 -0400

I use register.com for all my domain registrations.  The cost is the same as the evil NS ($35/year), but they offer free DNS service, which allows folks like myself to run webservers on a dynamic ip address.

BTW, I'll host your site, but with one caveat -- according to my cable provider, my address is "dynamic", (although it has never changed on me), so you may have to update the dns record if the address ever changes.  Small price to pay for free hosting I suppose.

--Brad Fears

>>> Ben Pfaff <blp@cs.stanford.edu> 04/24/02 12:35AM >>>
Anyone out there care to recommend a particular domain name
registrar?  I'm thinking about buying a domain name for promoting
GNU libavl (or possibly ADT implementations in general) and/or a
vanity domain for me personally.  I'd prefer to avoid Notwork
Solutions.

Anyone want to give me free hosting?  (Hey, might as well ask.)
--
"There's only one thing that will make them stop hating you.
 And that's being so good at what you do that they can't ignore you.