[GLLUG] My recruitment efforts

Karen Ueberroth kueberroth@lcc.edu
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:29:54 -0400

--------------FECABE0C8C36311039776275

Thanks, guys, for your enthusiasm for this project.

This is the original message I sent to the webmaster......

     I'm a teacher at the STAR Institute, a program run by Lansing
     Community College for Jrs & Srs in High School.  We offer two
     years of college computer courses.  I'm currently teaching the
     Operating Systems Course which includes a chapter on
     UNIX/LINUX.  I'm looking for an actual LINUX user to talk to
     my students about the OS and applications developed for it.  I
     have never used LINUX or UNIX and want to give my students the
     benefits derived from contact with an actual user.

     I teach on Thursdays and Fridays and could use a speaker on
     May 23rd, 30th and/or 31st.  Can anyone help me?

     Thanks for your attention,

     Jane M. DeBano
     Instructor, STAR Institute
     jdebano@lcc.edu
     5815 Wise Road
     Lansing, MI  48911

     Phone:517/394-1956

The more the merrier.  Last night I got the impression Jeff Lawton and
Roger Webster were interested in collaborating.  Anyone else?

If this list isn't the right place to discuss this, let me know.

Thanks,

Jane

--------------FECABE0C8C36311039776275

Thanks, guys, for your enthusiasm for this project.
Community College for Jrs &amp; Srs in High School.&nbsp; We offer two
years of college computer courses.&nbsp; I'm currently teaching the Operating
Systems Course which includes a chapter on UNIX/LINUX.&nbsp; I'm looking
for an actual LINUX user to talk to my students about the OS and applications
developed for it.&nbsp; I have never used LINUX or UNIX and want to give
my students the benefits derived from contact with an actual user.
30th and/or 31st.&nbsp; Can anyone help me?
The more the merrier.&nbsp; Last night I got the impression Jeff Lawton
and Roger Webster were interested in collaborating.&nbsp; Anyone else?

--------------FECABE0C8C36311039776275--