[GLLUG] recommend a domain name registrar?

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 00:19:27 -0400

I second that, I have my domain from gandi.net, you can charge
it no problem and it comes out about $10/yr US.  They transfer
for free as long as you purchase another year which would
add to any existing expiration date.

gandi.net is run by a FreeBSD committer and at least one
linux person I believe, so I would think they know what
they are doing.  Also, their secure web interface allows you to
get things done in a pretty straightforward manner.  I have
recommended gandi.net to friends who were frustrated by
other registrars, and once they transferred they were pleased
with the new service.

On Wed, Apr 24, 2002 at 09:46:24PM -0400, basher584 wrote:

  I recommend gandi.net, you "own" your domain and its only 12 Euros!

  -Ben