[GLLUG] machine locks up, etc

Don Chorman chormand@msu.edu
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 09:33:58 -0400

Hello,
	I am not sure what information or log entries I should post, so I'll just
describe the problem. This (Suse 7.3 i386) locks up after I leave it
unattended for an short period of time(20 - 60 min etc). I thought that it
might be a problem with power management, since It does't lock up when I am
using the system. It locks with or without a screen saver running. I don't
see anything obvious in the system log that would indicate a problem. Any
ideas on what might be causing the problem? If you need more info, just tell
me what you want, and I'll send it to the list.

	Also, I would like to be able to disable my internet connection, when I am
not at my machine for a long time(overnight..etc). Is there a command that
will let me take stop/start eth0, or something similar that would disable the
network?

Thanks,
Don