[GLLUG] RHN... the Red Hat Notwork

Ben Pfaff blp@cs.stanford.edu
01 Aug 2002 11:02:41 -0700

Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:

> I discovered today that you can only update the software for one RedHat
> machine at a time!  Apparently, unless you pay, the up2date updater will
> only work on the single machine that you have enabled via the website,
> and if you aren't a paying customer, you can't do any updates during
> time of heavy load (like right now, *grumble*).

Why not use a Red Hat mirror, then?  Is there some reason that
only ftp.redhat.com will do?  (I know little about Red Hat so
that's a serious question.)  Personally, I use mirrors.kernel.org
for Debian (800kB/s from here), but it also carries Red Hat.
--
"In this world that Hugh Heffner had made,
 he alone seemed forever bunnyless."