[GLLUG] RHN... the Red Hat Notwork

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
01 Aug 2002 15:17:20 -0400

On Thu, 2002-08-01 at 14:44, Edward Glowacki wrote:
> So I'm gonna try a network install of Debian via a few floppies and
> debian.egr.msu.edu... ;)  I was going to try a CD install, but I
> realized the download/burn process would take forever since it wouldn't
> be coming from on-campus, so I scrounged around the office for some
> reliable floppy disks...  It's sitting at the boot: prompt now waiting
> for me... Hope I grabbed the right floppy to detect the RAID card... =)

OK, IMHO Debian needs to work on slimming it's install setup, or making
some nice bootable ISO images (small ones even, like just the base
install).  I hate floppy disks and I'm on floppy #6...  FreeBSD can do a
net install with 2 floppies.  Goeke pointed me to some debian
mini-iso's, but they were like 186MB and a month old... =P

*grumble* No support for the built-in network cards (Broadcom gigabit),
so now it's asking me for floppies for the base system.  Not gonna do 15
floppies or whatever it is.  Guess we try to find a spare network card
and reinstall from the beginning.... *grumble*  Did I mention how much I
love Linux?

-ED

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu