[GLLUG] RHN... the Red Hat Notwork

Ben Pfaff blp@cs.stanford.edu
01 Aug 2002 12:22:01 -0700

Edward Glowacki <glowack2@msu.edu> writes:

> OK, IMHO Debian needs to work on slimming it's install setup, or making
> some nice bootable ISO images (small ones even, like just the base
> install).

Um, like these ones?
        http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

But it's really easy (and fast) to download a full ISO with
jigdo, since you can use any ordinary Debian mirror.

> *grumble* No support for the built-in network cards (Broadcom gigabit),
> so now it's asking me for floppies for the base system.  Not gonna do 15
> floppies or whatever it is.  Guess we try to find a spare network card
> and reinstall from the beginning.... *grumble*  Did I mention how much I
> love Linux?

Use obscure expensive hardware and that's what happens.  Stick
with something more common and you won't have this problem...
--
<blp@cs.stanford.edu> <pfaffben@msu.edu> <pfaffben@debian.org> <blp@gnu.org>
  Stanford Ph.D. Student - MSU Alumnus - Debian Maintainer - GNU Developer