[GLLUG] WEP Encryption Woes

Paul R. Kucher kucherpa@msu.edu
Sun, 04 Aug 2002 00:07:39 EDT

I am running the kernel mode drivers for wavelan_cs. No diagnostic error
messages. My thought is that since wavelan_cs seems to have been abandoned
in favor of orinoco_cs, there may not even be strong support for 128-bit
WEP. Also, Draknet seems to freeze a lot. I've tried editing the config file
within /etc/pcmcia/, but still no luck. I've tried installing the pcmcia
card services rpm like you mention, but installation fails due to dependency
issues. I also hear there is a wavelan2_cs driver out there. Any thoughts on
that let me know. If you know how I can install the orinoco_cs driver from
binaries or source (I believe it comes with pcmcia_cs), let me know because
I have never messed with the kernel yet. I just know how to recompile it
based on a book I read about linux. Thanks.

Paul Kucher