[GLLUG] aureal vortex 2 help

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 08:44:13 -0400 (EDT)

And did you look at the sourceforge project:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/aureal
According to that you should be grabbing the source out of cvs and
compiling that because it has a rewritten makefile which makes them easier
to install =)

Actually I kind of wonder if it is simply more of a case of not have the
device properly linked. I don't have a soundcard but I assume (and maybe
quite incorrectly) that there is supposed to be a link for /dev/sound to
another pseudo device in /dev directory like for the mouse/mice.