[GLLUG] Problems accessing Clist (MSU class lists)

Ashton Shortridge ashton@msu.edu
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 10:29:39 -0400

Hello,

I'm on the MSU Geography faculty and a new subscriber to the list. MSU
maintains access to its class list database through a web portal. In previous
semesters I have used Internet Explorer to access my course lists. This
summer I jettisoned my Windows partitions and am attempting to access it
using Linux browsers (Konquerer 3.0, Mozilla 0.99, and Netscape 4.79).

The sequence is as follows:
1. visit http://www.msu.edu/service/clist/cgi/getdata
2. click appropriate tabs to summon up one's own course
3. choose which list format to download
4. enter pilot id and password on a popup authorization window
5. enjoy the list

However, the authorization step invariably fails on all browsers (acts as if I
mistyped the password or username). Has anyone had this problem and/or
figured out a direct solution or workaround?

Many thanks in advance,

Ashton