[GLLUG] Recompiling problem

Brad Fears brad@mtsdev.com
23 Aug 2002 12:44:43 -0400

A few more things to try/check:

Try mounting it by specifying the file system type.
# mount -t iso9660 /dev/hd<?> /mnt/cdrom should do the trick.

The type parameter isn't necessarily needed, but it never hurts to try.

Also, check that you have support for idecd's compiled into the kernel.
You may need to load a module, though this should be automatic. Assuming
you compiled your kernel with module support, what does "lsmod" list?
Mine lists "ide-cd" and "cdrom".

--Brad Fears