[GLLUG] Win/Linux/NeXT Printer sharing

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 19:11:06 -0400 (EDT)

What Paul said. =)  According to what I read the print engine was made by
canon and did PS -> bitmap translations in software. You might check to
see if ghostscript will handle it or not and then you can use LPRng, CUPS,
etc to use the LPR protocal. The NeXTStep software was rather good though.

The connection was supposedly a proprietary 9-pin serial, but I would
highly suspect that to be a 9-pin RS-422(442?) connection like the Macs at
the time used for printing and networking (since im probably going to be
corrected anyway I believe printing actually used 8-pins ).

But I will note this is what i yanked off the net in a very short time and
have basiclaly no knowledge of NextStep hardware/software first hand.

Sean