Distributed GL; WAS: [GLLUG] X Window Managers

Cory Spitz spitzcor@cray.com
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:31:48 -0600 (CST)

Huh. I never realized that about 4DWM.  I had a Indy R5K at work until
they replaced with a SunBlade just a few weeks ago.  I have to say, I
miss my Indy, it was cute anyway :)  One of the things I miss the most
is the mailbox.  Don't laugh too hard but the SGI GL mailbox (xbiff)
was sweet.  The sun would rise/set on your mailbox depending upon your
longitude and latitude and the time of the year.  We still have some
SGI servers here but I can't run the mailbox app over X because my sun
doesn't have Distributed OpenGL.  I did some brief googling but wasn't
able to come up with much.  Anyone know if there are any SGI DGL
clones out there?

Thanks,
-Cory