[GLLUG] Strange terminal problem

C. Ulrich dincht@securenym.net
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 16:28:50 -0600 (CST)

Since you said the problem goes away after reboot, I assume that you mean it
comes back later at some point. Does it only occur after you run some
program then? Also, I'm assuming that it happens in all terminals, remote
sessions, and terminal emulators since you said it occurs even when you
login remotely. That leaves two possible problem areas from my point of
terminology) or an unintended side-effect of one of the commands in your
login scripts. (.bashrc, .profile, and the like.)

Unfortunately, my knowledge of terminals stops there.

--Charles Ulrich.