[GLLUG] uh oh... mbr issues

Jeff Lawton jeff@idealso.com
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 09:51:55 -0500

This should help http://thcnet.net/pipermail/lvlug/2001-April/001071.html.

Jeff Lawton
Ideal Solution, LLC
www.idealso.com
517-669-4235

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-user-admin@egr.msu.edu [mailto:linux-user-admin@egr.msu.edu]On
Behalf Of steven collins
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2002 1:41 AM
To: linux-user@egr.msu.edu
Subject: [GLLUG] uh oh... mbr issues

So, in the process of trying to install Evil Entity Linux I have managed to
'break' the mbr. Now I do not get a choice as to what I'm booting off of
(hda2 or hda6), it just boots off of hda6 through an old version of grub.

I was tinkering with linux rescue but didn't really see a good way to edit
the mbr... anyone have some advise other than re-installing? I'd really like
ot recover my RH7.2 partition without having to re-install it. I could care
less about the other OS (which is now mandrake 9... got that in while trying
to get  SOMETHING running on here ;P).

-steven