[GLLUG] Re: Booting into text mode

Reza Beha reza_beha@yahoo.com
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:01:16 -0800 (PST)

Unfortunately, I don't have access to my system right
now to get specific version numbers, but I'm using a
Diamond Stealth 64 (2MB) video card and RedHat 6.0
with whatever versions of X go out with 6.0 by
default.
I don't want to upgrade yet because I'm planning to do
some experimentation with security issues related to
the 2.2 kernel.

I'm using a variety of Samsung Syncmaster that isn't
in the monitor list that pops up during installation,
so I think the problem is that my monitor is not
accurately represented in the configuration files.

I don't think it's worth the effort of solving the
problem properly, since I do my software development
on an Athlon under RedHat 7.1 with a GeForce2 and
everything works fine there.  Switching runlevels
should be ok for now.

Thanks anyway though!