OT: MacOS question

Sean picasso@madflower.com
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 05:54:09 -0500 (EST)

You just need to change the tcp/ip settings in the tcp/ip control panel
(or pretend you made one adding a blank space after a dns number works).
When you close the window and save. It automatically uses the new
settings.

Using the Location Manager essentially does the same thing. It is handy
for portables especially for moving in between home, work and road
networks.

You can do single-link multi-homing out of the box and I thought they
included Shareway's IP NetRouter in OS 9.x for NAT. I never used it but..
=)

If you do move to OS 10.x go straight to 10.1.2, the 10.0 release doesnt
have very good support for "sleep" mode which I used all the time with a
portable.