soffice52

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 02:19:19 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

StarOffice 5.2 has a single user install and a network install off of which
users make a short home directory install.

I don't like this principle a lot. Does StarOffice 6.0 install the same way or
are they going to change to machine installs without users having to have a
separate /home install?

A reason why I don't like this network install is because I wonder how
efficient it is. Can you do a network install on Linux server and then run a
user /home install on a Linux client and a Windows client machine and have it
work? Another way of asking is: Do you need a Windows server net install to run
a Windows client soffice52 or does a Linux server net install suffice to
service both platforms?

Marcel