soffice52

Marcel Kunath kunathma@pilot.msu.edu
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 16:19:41 -0500 (EST)

Ha so StarOffice is a loser in the network environment as well as in the
multiple-user single machine environment. It is most common to have Unix
servers and Windows desktops and Samba to do the PDC stuff. You either spend
money on a big big harddrive so you can use 250 Megs for each user or you buy
an NT server. Everybody praises StarOffice but I find their network ideology,
even though it has good intentions, totally failed in implementation.

I'd rather have a single machine install and no preferences than this
half-assed network functionality. I mean haven't they thought of the fact that
one wants one server to serve for multiple platforms clients???

mk

> > I've never
thought to try it but I would highly doubt it. I do
expect > that you can do a /net install of the windows version using a windows