iptables help

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:25:45 -0500

On Friday 11 January 2002 13:17, Sean wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Dpk wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 03:47:54PM -0500, Mark Szidik wrote:
> >
> >    I would like to consult with someone (for $'s) with iptables
> >    expertise.  If anybody is interested, please reply to me
> > directly.
> >
> > I might work for a beer, but nothing more than that... what is your
> > questions?  If email is cumbersome, we can talk in person.
>
> Im up for beer!  Although Im not sure im iptables expert. =)

I See A Great Need:  Greater Lansing Linux Beer Users' Group!

Actually, I have a question or 2 about iptables myself.  How do you get
port forwarding to work correctly?  I followed the directions in the
HOWTO to the letter, attempting to have all packets with destination
"router:80" to be forwarded to "inside-firewall-machine:80", but it
didn't work.  I said, "Screw it," and went back to using kernel 2.2.20,
ipchains, and ipmasqadm.  One of these days I need to get back and do
things the Right Way.

--
Used to have a .sig, but I'm trying to quit.