iptables help

Dpk dpk@egr.msu.edu
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:53:42 -0500

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 05:25:45PM -0500, Matt Graham wrote:

   On Friday 11 January 2002 13:17, Sean wrote:

   > On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Dpk wrote:
   > > On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 03:47:54PM -0500, Mark Szidik wrote:
   > >
   > >    I would like to consult with someone (for $'s) with iptables
   > >    expertise.  If anybody is interested, please reply to me
   > > directly.
   > >
   > > I might work for a beer, but nothing more than that... what is your
   > > questions?  If email is cumbersome, we can talk in person.
   >
   > Im up for beer!  Although Im not sure im iptables expert. =)

   I See A Great Need:  Greater Lansing Linux Beer Users' Group!

   Actually, I have a question or 2 about iptables myself.  How do you
   get port forwarding to work correctly?  I followed the directions
   in the HOWTO to the letter, attempting to have all packets with
   destination "router:80" to be forwarded to
   "inside-firewall-machine:80", but it didn't work.  I said, "Screw
   it," and went back to using kernel 2.2.20, ipchains, and ipmasqadm.
   One of these days I need to get back and do things the Right Way.

What were the iptable entries you executed?  Some background
information on eth0/eth1, IPs, etc. will also help.

Dpk