[GLLUG]Re: Something that can open .doc files

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 08:06:11 -0500

Quoted from Mike Szumlinski on Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 12:28:13PM -0500:
> I just moved my G4 home from work because I found it much more useful
> there. That leaves me with nothing but my FreeBSD desktop as my work
> machine now. Anyone know anything that is an easy port install that can
> open office files? I dont' care about being able to save back to them,
> just to open attachments and the like from bosses and stuff.
>
> -Mike

Someone mentioned Star Office, and it does run on FreeBSD.  I have
StarOffice 5.2 installed on my machine, just tested it to make sure
it still works...  It's huge, but it works...

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org