[GLLUG] Next Meeting/Presentations/etc

Ben Pfaff blp@cs.stanford.edu
17 Jan 2002 13:50:58 -0800

Matt Graham <danceswithcrows@usa.net> writes:

> I'd volunteer for the webmaster job in 5 seconds if I knew more about
> design and usability issues.  I know basic HTML, PHP, and CGI-Perl, I
> use a text editor to edit all documents, but making a site pretty was
> never my big concern.  ("Hey, it displays in lynx and the w3.org
> validator likes it, what more do you want?")  I believe JavaScript and
> Flash are Evil^W^W would cause more problems than they'd solve on a
> site like gllug.

So what's the big deal then?  gllug.org has never had a fancy
webpage.  It's still rather similar to my original design many
years ago, and in fact it's been simplified since then.  I don't
think you'll need PHP or CGI-Perl or JavaScript or Flash skills
to maintain it.
--
"Then, I came to my senses, and slunk away, hoping no one overheard my
 thinking."