[GLLUG] Getting closer

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:28:09 -0500

Quoted from Mike Szumlinski on Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 01:18:28AM -0500:
> Okay, so now I can make web graphix (gimp), read word files (Abiword),
> listen to music (xmms), and edit my html/php/asp/etc (cooledit, looking
> for something better, any suggestions). It seems the only thing I'm
> really missing now is printing. I'm trying to print to an HP Laserjet
> 4000TN on an NT PDC and with Appletalk built in. This probably isn't the
> last stupid question I'll have, but its getting me closer to using
> FreeBSD as a unified desktop. Any help would be mucho appreciated.
>
> -Mike

Hmm... I'm printing to an HP 8000N here using standard FreeBSD lpr.
Here's a section of my printcap:

lp|hp|printer110:\
        :lp=:rp=printer110:rm=printer110.cl.msu.edu:\
        :sh:mx#0: \
        :sd=/var/spool/printer110:

This spools stuff through printer110.cl.msu.edu to the printer
called printer110.  Not sure if it's the same setup you have, but
it works here... =P

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org