[GLLUG] Getting closer

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:01:35 -0500

Quoted from Mike Szumlinski on Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 01:52:52AM -0500:
> A little plug and chug and I'm now printing. Thanks Ed.

Woo wooo!  chugga chugga chug chug chugga Woo wooo!

> Now...for a potential flame starter...

Gasoline works well for that... ;)

> I use BBEdit on my Mac because it just works brilliantly as a text editor.
> One of the best features of it is the ability to open a file from an
> FTP server or save to an FTP server. Does anyone know of a good X-based text
> editor that has similar features of this? Cooledit is okay as an editor, but
> I loved BBEdit.

I use vim (and it's gui version, gvim), which I believe can load/save
over FTP or WebDAV, though I haven't tried it.  It's vi-based, so
it behaves along those lines (good and bad), but it has most of
the stuff you might need like syntax highlighting and text folding.

--
Edward Glowacki				glowack2@msu.edu
GLLUG Peon  				http://www.gllug.org