[GLLUG] LaTeX or rather MiKTeX for lab reports,etc questions [OT]

Felicia Berryman felicia@lon-capa.org
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 10:47:56 -0500

Hi Don,

> > Are there any "spoon feed" or "LaTeX for the mentally challenged" type of
> > books that would step me along during the document creation process?
>
> There's always the LaTeX tutorial on my website, but it doesn't
> cover equations:
>         http://www.msu.edu/~pfaffben/writings/

If you find any "spoon-fed" books, please post them to the listserv.
I've had to look up stuff like, \frac{}{} before and it's usually a pain
because the books around here have much more than I care to know (or
they are in German).  The most coherent book I've come across so far is
"A Guide to Latex" by Kopka and Daly.  I want to purchase the 80 page
"Learning Latex" by D.F. Griffiths because it is only 80 pages.  I
haven't had a chance to check it out yet - just read about on
amazon.com.  From the description, it seems to cover exactly what I need
and no more.  I hope this helps.

Felicia
--
Felicia Berryman