[GLLUG] Evolution - maybe it will work after all...

Edward Glowacki glowack2@msu.edu
22 Jan 2002 16:50:59 -0500

Well, I had a slow day yesterday, so I spent a good chunk of it giving
Evolution (1.0.1) another chance to work a little better.  I have
Evolution synchronizing the contact list and calendar to my Handspring
Visor via gnome-pilot (can't get the todo list to work... =( ).  It's
taking some getting used to (and changing some long-time habits), but so
far I'm actually starting to like it.  I find it quite useful to be able
to do *other* stuff while composing messages and see at a glance which
folders have how much new mail.

Evolution still has a ways to go to really be "done", but I'd say that
it's probably at a usable state right now for those who would be
interested in trying.  We'll see if this attitude holds after I use it
for a few more days... ;)

ED
--
No sig, still haven't gotten around to that yet...