[GLLUG] Re: APM Daemon in Mandrake

Marr marr@shianet.org
Sat, 26 Jan 2002 14:21:46 -0500

On Friday 25 January 2002 09:01pm, Matt Graham wrote:
> On Monday 31 December 2001 03:01, you wrote:
>    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Eh?  Did this get stuck in the queue for 3 weeks, or is your date
> screwed up?
>
> > My brother-in-law is running Mandrake 8.0 and he had his PC over for
> > some tweaking the other day.  At one point, I noticed that the CPU
> > meter was pegged at around 100%.  A quick check showed that the
> > 'kapm-idled' process was hogging the "lion's share" by far.
>
> [snip]
>
> kapm-idled is supposed to do that.
>
> [snip]

This must have been stuck in some queue, somewhere for 3 weeks.  My clock is
periodically sync'ed from the MSU NTP server, so it's only as accurate as
that host. ;^)

I sent that on Dec 31, 2001 (at 3:01am) as shown and it obviously made it to
the GLLUG list because Ben Pfaff replied less than 15 minutes after I sent it
(Thanks, Ben!).  His reply to me was CC'd to the GLLUG list, so you should
have gotten that too.

Something must have gotten fouled up between GLLUG and you somehow (???).

I've seen mail that is delayed for inordinate times too, but I'm not sure
whether it's always been GLLUG mail.  I'll have to start paying closer
attention.

Many thanks for your words of wisdom on the Mandrake 'kapm-idled' issue!
I'll pass it along to my brother-in-law.

Bill Marr