[GLLUG] Scroll wheel

Adam McDougall mcdouga9@egr.msu.edu
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 00:25:44 -0500

I just tried it, it may be the case that not all of the support is
available in kernel modules.  I also have an SMP system and the kernel modules
that loaded automatically complained that they wanted to be compiled for SMP,
so I figure its best to compile them in.  It is all in the base system however.
I just dropped these lines in my kernel config, recompiled, and boom works.

 options         NETSMB                  #SMB/CIFS requester
 options         NETSMBCRYPTO            #encrypted password support for SMB
 options         SMBFS                   #SMB/CIFS filesystem
 options         LIBICONV
 options         LIBMCHAIN               #mbuf management library

guinness# mount_smbfs -I 35.9.44.23 -W EGR //rmcdouga9@fester/c$ /mnt
Password:
guinness# df /mnt
Filesystem             1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Mounted on
//RMCDOUGA9@FESTER/C$   20041055  1906315 18134740    10%    /mnt

manpage says you can use hostname in -I also.
Make sure you have /dev/nsmb0 made.