[GLLUG] PHP recompile

Dpk dpk@egr.msu.edu
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 16:12:38 -0400

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 04:03:00PM -0400, Edward Glowacki wrote:

   On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 15:40, Mike Szumlinski wrote:
   > Anyone know how to recompile php4 with MS SQL support?  I installed from
   > the BSD ports collection, so I'm not quite sure how to do it.
   >
   > -Mike

   Does php4 support MS SQL?  Couldn't find anything in the
   ./configure options on the web site...

Yes it does, but look under Sybase.  Both Sybase and SQL Server use
the same network communication protocol, TDS.  You can download and
install FreeTDS, http://www.freetds.org/, and then compile PHP with
sybase support using the free TDS libraries.

I've done tested this on Debian Linux using the php4-sybase package.
Not sure what port or package will be needed BSD, but it should be
just as possible.

Dennis