[GLLUG] recommended bloggers?

Matt Graham danceswithcrows@usa.net
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:16:36 -0400

On Friday 26 July 2002 14:49, after a long battle with technology, Tom
Rockwell wrote:
> Is anybody running a blogger on their own webserver?  I've never run
> a blog, but would like to set one up.

Like pfaffben said, Scoop is popular.  I should have a Scoop engine set
up on my personal machine after this weekend.  (Boss^2 thinks a
modified Scoop could work as an information-sharing thingy for widely
distributed employees.)

> I'd like to be able to support
> multiple blogs run by multiple users.

Hm.  From glancing at the Scoop administrator's guide, it looks like you
can do this by setting up multiple instances that are accessed through
different URLs ( server.org/blog1 , server.org/blog2 , or
blog1.server.org , blog2.server.org ...) but each instance of Scoop
would need its own set of tables in the database.

> The webserver I have is apache on RedHat.

You're going to need a database as well.  Slashcode and Scoop use MySQL,
though there's something about converting Scoop to use Postgres on the
Scoop forums.

--
   Murphy's revenge: The more reliable you make a system, the longer it
   will take you to figure out what's wrong when it breaks.